Thursday, April 23, 2009

Snooping is the new "get to know me"













Well this is my first blog & I've created it just for fun, so I'm going to ramble a bit until I find my footing and my comfort zone. Writing, for me is therapeutic & I have always been a pen and paper kind of girl.  
I would just scribble my thoughts and feelings anywhere, anytime, which of course leaves a paper trail....and my mother was a snooper. Her motto was, if your room is a mess it will be pillaged, and my room was ALWAYS a mess! So I would write and destroy - which of course I now regret because I would love to look back & see what a day in the life of teenage me was like, from my immediate perspective and not from memory. Which is why I am soooo happy my SIL convinced me to start a blog (she's probably the only one reading at this point. Hi ya!). how in the hec do I drop a link to her blog? I suck   We looove to yap and could talk on the phone for hours & hours, but my daily routine no longer allows for lazy days, gabbing on the phone and giggling. (Scoooby doooby doooooooo!)(private joke)

I am a happily married mom of two beautiful girls, a 24 month old and a 4 month old.  The only gabbing I'm doing is goo goo gab gab, oh & my ABC'S.  As we begin the stage referred to as the "terrible two's", I must say that two is definitely terrible! Just to get any cooperation from her we have to use reverse psychology and she has even started to catch on to that trick. My husband Bobby & I live at least an hour away from our nearest friends & relatives, so its mostly just us with the babies. We hang around our home town, watch movies & reality TV-my 'guilty pleasure' (yes, I live vicariously through MTV and  VH1)

So what's up with the name of my blog? Vivrant-thing by Q-Tip?  Hellow! This was my theme song & its such a head bopper! Before husband & kids, I used to be a Vivrant Thing, vivrant thing, a vivrant thing Owww! Getting pretty, hanging with my girls, stress free, no worries and always laughing. So that's the name of my blog because sometimes mommies don't feel so vivrant.  Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom-I waited over 30 years for my babies and when you are dedicated to your kids, something has to give.  So I've put me to the side for a little while but when the kids go to bed.. out comes the disco ball and earphones. shhh keep it down. You have to stay young & fun, or at least think you're still cool so you can embarrass your kids when their friends come over. (WELL IT HAPPENED TO US!)  In thirteen years I'm going to pull out my club outfit, squeeeeze it on & show my daughters and all of their friends how I used to dance to Vivrant Thing back in the 90's.  No. Really. It's been decided but thanks for your concerns.

Now, my husband is an avid x-box 360 gamer or should I say enthusiast or .....whatever the hell you call it when its glued to your hand?. In other words he's on it all of the time, so there's his escape. (he took my "stay young & fun" theory to prepuberty) He claims it relaxes him but he's jumping off the couch, throwing grenades, shooting, ducking and yelling to the online players, "I need help over here! They've got our base! Get in the wart hog, no the AV"! ...Or whatever. WAY TOO STRESSFUL. I'll take my hot cup of decaf tea, (until I'm done breastfeeding, then it'll be my cool glass of wine) a quiet spot and blog. Needless to say, he's so happy I'm going to be blogging here now, instead of shaking my head at him. I am just relieved to be able to collect my thoughts & I find it so ironic that after tearing up diaries due to snooping eyes, I now choose to clear my head in a forum where snooping is the point!
 


5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!
    I'm so glad you finally got this out. Now the rest SHOULD flow easily!!
    Since you have Bobby...you should have LOTS to write about!!
    Love the first post and the title!
    Of course Bobby called me again (right before my alarm went off...again) to let me know so I'm awake and sooo excited.
    Tonight, I will show you how to link!!

    Congrats on the first post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila! Yeah, glad the first one is out. No! he didn't call you at 4 a.m.? OMG! Yeah he's full of blogworthy tales, yeah the page looks sort of a mess to me HELP! but I was spending too much time trying to figure out how it works thanks for the encouragement & feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the fun world of blogging! I live in the crowded suburbs of Elizabeth, NJ and know all the perils of child raising and not wanting to be an adult! I have been a father since I was 19 but never let that slow me down. I do have to 'plan' my play dates and make sure its ok with the wife unit but going out and having fun is a must in my book! Finding people in the same boat is hard but keep looking, you never know what might live right next door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say hey! I really enjoyed reading your blogs. They made me laugh! :) And AMEN to the vivrant thing!!! Brings back many memories. Hope all is well and I look forward to keeping up with your blog. Take care!

    ReplyDelete