Monday, April 27, 2009

We're Staying In Pull Ups!!!

I did something really crazy last night. 

To begin, my 2 year old is, for all intent & purposes, potty trained...As long as she doesn't have a pull up on.... then she's ..
oh yeah or having too much fun........
uh....or on time out..
(but wait a minute! time outs don't count because those accidents are out of spite!)(Ohhhh she is wise beyond her 2 years)
SOOO other than that, she's totally potty trained!  (why thank you! I try)  
She was only using the pull up at night, just in case. Well, we just returned from visiting family in Texas and while we were there, I didn't want accidents at their homes - soooo she got comfortable just peeing in the pullup.  
Ok. Fine.  Now we're back home and its back to business. Just a small setback but we are back on track now.  

So anyway, I decided to do away with the pull up altogether because it is just contradicting what we're teaching her.  Yes, even the night time pull up.  I know! but its time.
So since I still have to get up once or twice during the night to nurse the 4 month old baby-
WOW! who am I fooling? That sounds so poetic and beautiful doesn't it? 
I picture a beautiful mother in a long, white gown going into the nursery and sitting under the moonlit window, breastfeeding in a rocker with a soft breeze blowing in.  

HA! Not here. With my eyes still closed, I reach over & drag the baby from the adjoining co-sleeper, into the bed with me where a breast is already popped out of the top of my long shirt.
What? ! People shouldn't romanticize these things, it's not always beautiful.  What is beautiful is not having to open my eyes and go warm up a bottle in the kitchen. Now that is the joy of breastfeeding.

Will I ever get to my main topic of discussion?

Because of the night time feedings I sleep later than the two year old and she calls & calls but the sounds of her voice just gets all hazy and lost. Pillows keep a lot of sound out, don't they?
So she pees or poops in the pullup. 
I got the bright idea to teach her how to get out of her crib, on her own, so that in the event that she wakes up & has to go, she can come get me. 

Well! I am afraid of my own shadow, let alone a tiny person, in a nightgown appearing all over the house.  SPOOOOKY.
I was still up on the computer around 1:30 am, all of the lights were out except for the glare from the television and my laptop in the living room, when I heard a thump and went to my daughters room to see what it was. As I slowly opened the door, I saw her small figure standing in the middle of the room.
In the dark ..
Just waiting.. 
OMG!
I SCREAMED AND FLEW OFF DOWN THE HALL!!!! As I looked back she was running after me & screaming too!
I must admit it was a scene from a horror movie, I was out of my skin! But she was crying "Mama! Mama!" I quickly flipped on all the lights I could(..uh so I could see her better
Awwwww, I had scared HER, even though she was the one standing in the spooky, dark - alone - thumping... and waiting..... 

5 comments:

  1. LMFAO!!

    I was cracking up at the whole flowing white dress and moonlit night...you're right...with your breast already popped out. It's out more than it's in!!!

    I loved it. I know how spooky you are even if you do have scooby doo with you!!

    it reminds me (a little) of this post:
    http://sheangel1019.blogspot.com/2008/04/child-labor-and-devil-toys.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new here, friend of Sheila's, but I am laughing at you not with you lol.
    Been there done that! My 2 year old is a bat I swear, he can see in the dark! We put him to bed, turn off all the lights and we still hear him playing with his toys....in total darkness! He has scarred the crap out of me more than once, and that is a hard thing to do. I dont scare easily, but the sight of a little person with a mohawk creeping out of the inky darkness of a hallway is enough to make anyone jump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila I just read your devil toy post! YOU know I would have never hunted down a scary toy & I would have jumped on poor Miah for dear life. but the longer you wait the scarier it gets because the battery starts to die....yyyyyeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhhh, you are soo right!

    Dom read this and reminded me of a doll that Miah had in the shape of a little white lamb and it would say the prayer.."Now I lay me down to sleep..." in a kids voice.
    I thought it was creepy to begin with but the battery did start to die and we would hear it randomly but couldn't find it. We finally found it in the back of a drawer....praying....slowly with a deep voice.

    I'm going to hunt a couple down and send them to my nieces!!!

    ReplyDelete