Tuesday, June 23, 2009

seperated at birth

Well maybe not Identical...but




I may have a twin, we could have somehow been seperated, documents destroyed, family secrets.....
It happens!

My SIL's bloghttp://sheangel1019.blogspot.com/made me laugh today thinking of all the times I was called "Sheila" by my husband.
When newly dating and meeting my parents he would accidentally call me Sheila, and they would look uncomfortable. He would do it in front of my friends, "Sheila, hold my drink, I'll be back" and walk off while I'm left saying, "oh that's his sister." They would glance at each other quickly and nod "Riiiight, his sister...of course"
When she visited he had us stumbling & confused! "Lisa, dad needs you to give him his shot(should've been Sheila) and Sheila the baby's crying!"(should've been Lisa) We would start off then stop and "..uh you..the shot...yeah baby...me... ok"

Even his mom would visit and keep commenting on how similar we are.
Sleep all day: "just like Sheila"
the way I sleep: "just like Sheila"
My eggs: "just like Sheila"
My bedroom: "just like Sheila"
Household chores..HATE EM: "just like Sheila"
Need to take a nap: "umph! just like Sheila"
Arguments with Bobby: "sound just like Sheila"

Well we were born the same year and we are both air signs, except I'm a Gemini & she's a Libra,(or so we were told!) I love reading these for fun!.http://www.astrology-online.com/libra.htm
But then that would mean I married MY BROTHER! Unless she was adopted by his family. Yeah we'll go with that scenario.


I remember well the first time Sheila mentioned tubing to me. "What the heck is that?"
She was mortified. 
"You don't know what tubing is?!!! You rent tubes and you go floating down the river, it's great!!!"  
I asked if there were roaring rapids.
"No, no, this is not an extreme sport!! You get some tubes, a cooler, some beers, link your tubes and just float down the river for about 6-8 hours."  
I was like "that's it? Just FLOATING? No swimming, navigating.....uhhhh any mental stimulation?"  
She was like, "Nope! Just floating, you could take a nap if you want."  

A moment of pure silence. 

A tear rolled down my cheek.

I quietly spoke...

"I never knew there was a thing such as this, which you have described to me today."
and then we flew to Texas and she took me Tubing! (this isn't us btw, I don't know if we have pics from that trip)

Guadalupe River Tubing - it doesn't get any better than this! RiverSportsTubes.com 830-964-2450    Fun rapids on the Guadalupe River equals awesome tubing!  RiverSportsTubes.com   830-964-2450

Well its great to have a SIL that I get along with so well and we love the same pastimes!  
My sister from another mother!!!


5 comments:

  1. She was like, "Nope! Just floating, you could take a nap if you want."

    A moment of pure silence.

    A tear rolled down my cheek.

    I quietly spoke...

    "I never knew there was a thing such as this, which you have described to me today."

    Hilarious!! GIRL...you know you had me ROLLING!

    Those pictures do look similiar.
    No wonder Bobby ditched me on the night he was supposed to be out with you that first time. We are the same person and couldn't be in the same time-space continuum!

    Can't wait until you guys move to Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wen ttubing down the Mississippi when i was a kid and loved the fact you never had to get up to pee.....I know its an old joke but it was sooooo true! I want to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you like your SIL, i pretent to like mine... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY HUNN!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY!! WOW THE DAY WE BEEN NATURAL FOR 10YRS GOD I WONDER HOW OUR IS GONNA BE!! LOL ;-P OMG YES LETS SWAP INFO....EMAIL US

    taniawilliams69@gmail.com

    We can chat there......

    Keep in touch hunn... ;-p

    **YanTan**

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey hunn!!! glad u would love to try the mix!!! it works wonders!!! your gonna love it!! u can send pics at the email:

    taniawilliams69@gmail.com

    then we will def post them up for everyone to see ;-p

    keep n touch...

    **YanTan**

    ReplyDelete